Home > Forum > Artwork and Graphics > artwork frames and Inkscape CYMK
artwork frames and Inkscape CYMK
  • Posted By : PeterEmmrich
    Posted on: 28th January 2020 5:02 PM
    Hello!

I am putting together a card game, mostly using Inkscape. This is my first time with Ivory (very excited!) so I want to get the artwork upload right. I have downloaded the Bridge-style card PDF template and made my artworks fit neatly into the blue frame. Do I then delete the template layer, so my artwork just has 1 cm or so of white around it (no red frame or green back)? The size of the canvas is exactly the size of the template PDF.

Also, regarding color space - I need to submit in CYMK, is that right? Inkscape is notoriously unable to work in CYMK, what do people normally do to convert them? I found this website which claims to do it on the PDFs: https://www.pdf2cmyk.com - what is the CYMK colour profile I should use? Would SWOP2006 do?

Many thanks!
    Peter
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 29th January 2020 8:36 AM
    Hi Peter

Yes remove everything from the file you dont want us to print. If you leave the red frame or green back we will print it.

As for CMYK you can leave it RGB as it will be converted this end before print anyway.

Rob
  • Posted By : PeterEmmrich
    Posted on: 30th January 2020 9:26 AM
    Hi Rob,
    Great, can I send you a sample file to check, before I prepare all the others?
    Cheers,
    Peter
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 30th January 2020 9:35 AM
    Hi Peter

Sure, email it to gamemaker@ivory.co.uk and we will take a look for you.
Sorry you must be logged in to post.