Last Date To Order For Pre Christmas UK Delivery 12th December, International 9th December
Home > Forum > Artwork and Graphics > Square game box artwork guides
Square game box artwork guides
  • Posted By : ella
    Posted on: 21st September 2018 12:21 PM
    Hello,

I am setting up my artwork for the Square Game Box (236x250x30mm). Firstly, can I please confirm that the guides in the template are as follows:
    - pink for the Guide Area
    - dotted green for Final Size
    (rather than blue for Guide Area and pink for Final Size - as specified in the handbook here: https://gamemaker.ivory.co.uk//the-complete-handbook#artwork).

Secondly, I see this isn't exactly square, so I have adjusted my artwork - I have a chequerboard background on the top of the box, and I want the squares to line up with the edges of the box. For the bottom of the box, I want my artwork to line up with the edges, so that the sides of the box are plain. I have lined up the top and bottom artwork with the dotted green Final Size area - but just want to check how accurate this is when it comes to printing. I have seen in other posts that the team are really good at getting things to fit as they should - so I hope this will be the case!

Thanks
    Ella Coleman
    Graphic Designer
    www.mozarella.co.uk
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 24th September 2018 9:56 AM
    Hi Ella,

So to clarify the template.
    -The Magenta lines indicate the guide area where all content such as text and logos should stay within.
    -The Dotted Green Lines indicate fold lines. In this case the dotted line does show what the final outside of the box should look like.
    -The Cyan area around the template is the Bleed area. All backgrounds and content not staying within the Guide area should bleed out to the furthest edge of the Bleed to ensure any movement in the print does not lead to clipping of artwork or white space.

In answer to our Not so Square Games box you are correct the box is slightly larger one way to ensure there is easy access to any quad-fold boards or other products inside the box.
    We are a well trained team and try to do our very best when it comes to accuracy and lining but I must say this process is by hand and so human error can occur.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards,
    Ash.
    Posted on: 24th September 2018 10:35 AM
    This is really helpful, thank you! I have finished working on the artwork and my client has placed the order herself, so that she can order more as required. Any chance you could keep an eye out for it and ask your team to consider my points about my artwork lining up as best as possible? My client is Scratch Consulting, and it's a Snakes and Ladders game. Many thanks!
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 24th September 2018 11:48 AM
    Hi Ella,

We will be as careful as we always aim to be but I will ensure the teams knows the order and artwork to see if there is anymore care they can take.

Regards,
    Ash.
    Posted on: 24th September 2018 11:53 AM
    Hi Ash

That's fantastic, thank you so much. What wonderful service!

Thanks
    Ella
Sorry you must be logged in to post.